- Agency: Public Libraries
- Reference: R0742015
- Posted: 08-Apr-2015
- Closing Date: 26-Apr-2015
- Salary: CI$251.52 – CI$251.52
The Ministry of Education, Employment and Gender Affairs invites applications for the following post Library Assistant – Part-time (Saturdays) Various locations
Applicants must be a current Government Employee or PSPB Retiree who is already entitled to medical benefits through CINICO
The post holder will provide a high quality, professional customer service that enables the public to access the full range of services provided by the public library system.
- Hold an Associate Degree in a related subject and 2 years relevant experience OR have the ability to demonstrate the competencies for the role through broad experience in a similar work environment
- Successfully pass the Cayman Islands Government Clerical/Executive Officer Skills Test
- Be highly computer literate with at least intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, Internet search knowledge and capability and a fundamental understanding of databases.
- Have excellent communication skills with a strong customer service approach; and the ability to deal with the full spectrum of the community including clients who may be upset or angry in a reassuring, calming and professional manner.
Salary: $ 251.52 per month (based on 4 hours per week)
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
Please send your completed Government Application Form and Cover Letter ONLY via e-mail to email@example.com
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.