Job posting active until May 8, 2015
Job Type: Administrative
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
Immediate Supervisor: Dean, Educational Support Services
Application Materials: The College strongly encourages applications from members of traditionally under-represented groups. Interested candidates should apply online at www.dccc.edu or send electronically only (in MS Word or PDF format), a cover letter, complete and current resume and a list of three references (including current immediate supervisor) to Human Resources, Delaware County Community College, 901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA 19063, email@example.com. Application materials must be submitted by no later than Friday, May 8, 2015 and only as a completed packet.
Salary: A minimum salary of $50,207 (19A) and a comprehensive and competitive fringe benefit package are provided.
The successful candidate must obtain all background clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Master’s degree in Library Science (ALA-accredited)
- Minimum 2 years working with licensed electronic resources in a library environment
- Familiarity with linking technology and authentication/proxy protocols
- Knowledge of copyright and other industry standards governing the use of serials and electronic resources
- A working knowledge of MARC21 records formats
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity.
Delaware County Community College, a competency-based institution, committed to diversity invites applications for an Electronic Resources Manager in our Learning Commons.
The E-Resources Manager will have leadership responsibility for managing electronic resource acquisitions, maintenance, access, and evaluation. This position will participate in initiatives to enhance the discovery and use of library resources to meet user needs and will also collaborate with library staff in the areas of educational outreach, trends and emerging issues in electronic resources, and collection development. This person will serve as a member of the teams involved in the cataloging and inter-library loan operations and the creation of the library resources budget. This is a 12-month administrative position.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining access to all purchased electronic resources
- Maintain e-resources configurations in EZproxy and all electronic resources with discovery tools and systems
- Maintain e-book records in the ILS (Virtua)
- Update EDS library records and maintain these resources in EDS and LinkSource
- Update print periodical holdings in LinkSource
- Employ trends in emerging issues in electronic resources, including scholarly communication, cataloging, and technology-related issues
- Maintain relationships with vendors and collaborate with librarians to evaluate resources for potential purchase and / or annual renewal
- Oversee the purchase, renewal and cancellation of these resources
- Analyze usage of electronic resources and supervise the data collection in order to prepare all necessary statistical reports
- Provide technical support for all electronic resources, including updates and customization of interfaces and work with Learning Commons and IT staff to resolve access problems
- Collaborate with Learning Commons and IT staff to embed electronic resources in other campus systems like the website, LMS, the portal and the library catalog
- Assist with the user support of the proxy server and other library technologies like LibGuides and the Discovery tool and ensure the linking of these resources
- Maintain the currency of records and the loading of e-resources into various bibliographic utilities, including the ILS and Discovery tools
- Work with the Dean and members of the team to create a resources budget and to plan, customize, and support the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information refer to the job link: http://www.dccc.edu/about-us/employment-opportunities/job-postings/1536065